Dental bridges are fixed (non-removable) restorations, often recommended by our dentists to replace a single missing tooth or several consecutive missing teeth. We welcome you to call John J. Andre, DDS & Associates at 804-346-8330 for our Glen Allen location or (540) 967-0777 for our Louisa location or today to make your appointment with Drs. Andre and Hall and learn more and dental bridges.
The process for receiving a dental bridge is similar to the procedure our dentists use for installing a dental crown, but instead of preparing your damaged tooth for restoration, the healthy teeth surrounding the affected area are prepared for dental crowns, which are then cemented in place to provide support for the remainder of the bridge. One or more replacement teeth are affixed to these dental crowns on both sides, resulting in a stable restoration in which the entire bridge is connected as a single unit.
Dental bridges can usually be completed in just two visits to our practice. They are designed to last for many years. Benefits of dental bridges include:
- Restoring your ability to speak, eat, and chew normally
- Alleviating the stress on your bite caused by missing teeth
- Improving and maintaining the shape and volume of your face
- Replacing unwanted removable partial dentures
- Preventing your remaining teeth from shifting out of position and marring your smile
- Improving the appearance of your smile
Please contact our office for more information about dental bridges and schedule your consultation with our dentists.